In 2020 we renewed 41 key relationships, signed 25 new partnerships, and launched promising new programs.
- Launched new programs with Verizon and Venmo.
- Renewed and extended Mattress Firm and Sam’s Club relationships.
- Added and renewed small and medium business partnerships in Payment Solutions including Adoroma, Club Champion, Doosan Bobcat, 4 Wheel Parts, Kawasaki and others.
- In CareCredit, renewed agreements with Aspen Dental, Blue River Petcare, NVA, Vision Group Holdings and West Coast Dental and extended Pets Best’s relationship with Progressive.
- Continued to expand in health systems through CareCredit partnerships with AdventHealth, Community Veterinary Partners, Cox Health, Lehigh Valley Health Network, St. Luke’s University Health Network and others.
- In January 2021, acquired Allegro Credit, a leading provider of point-of-sale consumer financing for audiology products and dental services; and announced a new program agreement with Walgreens to become the issuer of the first co-branded credit card program for a national health retailer in the United States.
- Our bank continues to be an important funding mechanism with total deposits of $62.8B, accounting for 80% of Synchrony’s funding.
We quickly deployed digital assets to help our partners navigate the new environment as we continued to make investments for the future.
- Accelerated the adoption of contactless payments across our partner portfolios including the TJX Companies, Venmo and Verizon.
- Synchrony’s API Portal allowed partners to take advantage of digital advancements to accelerate acquisition of new customers and drive consumer satisfaction through innovation in prefill, text to apply, direct to device, customer account look up, digital card and more.
- We continued to invest in our digital apply platform—dApply—including capabilities that can securely prefill data from multiple sources, (such as partner data) to improve fraud prevention and provide a streamlined customer experience.